We gather to worship every Sunday Morning, at 10:00 am
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
At Holy Trinity, we take the safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults very seriously. It is important to us that everyone who takes part in Church activities is able to feel safe and secure.
Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. This implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
As a result, we have agreed to adopt and follow the Diocese of London’s Safeguarding policy. It requires that within our church, there are named individuals who take responsibility for safeguarding and advocating for children. In our congregation, these are Jannette Blackett and Abi Fayemi.
- We accept and endorse the principles set out in ‘Safeguarding in the Diocese of London’.
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church community.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them appropriate pastoral support.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on Sunday 19 May 2019.
We appointed: Mrs. Susan Mustafa & Mrs Ije Akinlotan (as a work share) as our Church Safeguarding Officers (CSO) and Mrs. Abi Fayemi as our Children’s Champion.
Copies of “Safeguarding in the Diocese of London” and any parish guidelines and procedures are held by: The Rev’d. ’Bunmi Fagbemi at Holy Trinity Vicarage, Philip Lane, N15 4GZ and also on the Parish & Diocesan Websites respectively:
Contact our safeguarding officer:
Mrs Ije Akinlotan
Tel: 07872 583423